So…this morning we braved the elements and went out to buy that instrument of torture.
An electronic bathroom scale.
I, hereby, vow not to get on the damn thing more than once a week.
I am not a glutton for punishment.
When we got home Mex asked if I was going to weigh myself.
He can be so dumb.
All women know the following facts.
1) You weigh less in the morning. There may be no scientific evidence to back this up…but it is true.
2) You NEVER weigh yourself when dressed.
3) You take off everything…including your watch…hell the scale talks in grams.
4) You go to the loo first if you can…in my case this is no problem.
5) The number on the scale is for your eyes only.
6) Number five is null and void if the weight is good.
7) If weight is gained all sensible men will leave home for a while. Possibly forever.
This morning I had a little cry.
I was watching a race in the Paralympics.
One guy came in about eight minutes after the rest.
He got a standing ovation.
It was beautiful.
I popped into a second hand shop nearby.
And got a Pavarotti Cd for R20.
I am listening to it as we speak.
It is the first day of spring.
Someone forgot to tell the weather Gods.
Howling gale, rain and cold.